- Install (4 AAA) batteries, switch the calculator on by pressing [AC/ON].
- To switch the calculator off, press [SHIFT] followed by (not at the same time) [AC/ON].
- Navigate through the calculator main menu by pressing [LEFT], [RIGHT], [UP], [DOWN] buttons.
- Press [MENU] to go to the calculator main menu at any time.
- To select the TSDMeter app, press [MENU], use the navigation buttons ([LEFT], [RIGHT], [UP], [DOWN]) to go to the end of the app list, and select the app icon that says “t.s.d”. To enter the app, press [EXE].
- Inside the TSDMeter app, you will find a vertical menu. Select “About” and press [EXE] to see your name, serial number, TSDMeter version etc.
- To go back to the previous screen from any screen, press [F1].
- To provide a uniform UI throughout the app, pressing [F1] would save any changes you made in the current screen and take you back to the previous screen, while [F6] would cancel any changes you made in the current screen and take you back to the previous screen.
- From the app main menu you can access the various screens like “Settings”, “Speed Chart”, “Time Control”, “Rally”, “Penalties” etc.
- From the app main menu and “Rally” screen, you can also access “Speed Chart” and “Time Control” screens via short cuts; press [X-SQUARE] to go to “Speed Chart”, and [CARET] to go to “Time Control”. ([X-SQUARE] is the 2nd button from left on the 3rd row from top and [CARET] is right next to it.
Before the rally
- Go to “Settings” and change the value of “TC Restart Time” as per SR. Select either “Plus .. seconds” or “Round .. minutes” and use [F2] or [F3] to change the value.
- In the “Settings” screen select if the rally is going to give you the speed chart as a “Separate sheet” or “In road book”. For most rallies, it would be the former.
- Choose “Results Type”. Click here to find out more.
- “Meter Type” would have only “Rally” for TSDMeter BASIC and BASIC PLUS. TSDMeter PRO would have another option called “Stock/GPS”. Choose “Rally” if you are using a correctable odometer (e.g. Terratrip).
- Press [F1] to save the changes you made. Or [F6] to cancel.
- 10, 50, 100, …: Make [X-THETA-T] and [A-B-BY-C] buttons add/subtract 10m. If off, the same buttons add/subtract 20m.
- 1000, 500, 200, …: Reverse the order of distance shortcut keys like [LOG], [LN] etc. Click here for help on calculator keys.
- Raja Keys: When on, [EXE] and [(-)] add 100m and 50m respectively to odo value in “Rally”.
- Arindam Effect: Pressing [EXE] in “Speed Chart” moves the cursor from left to right and down.
- No Decimal: Select this to enter values in “Speed Chart” without pressing the decimal point. E.g. for 123.45, enter 12345, for 8.40 enter 840 etc. The setting takes effect only for values with more than two digits.
- Speed Warning (m): Defines how close to the end of a speed sector should warning arrows appear in “Rally”.
- Sekar Toggle: When in ‘Stock/GPS’ mode, press [F5] to toggle between roadbook and car odos in “Rally”.
- Early Factor: Multiplication factor for early penalties.
- Late Factor: Multiplication factor for late penalties.
- Format (hh:mm:ss): How to show penalties. E.g. when on, 125 will be displayed as 02:05.
- Show Late Or Early: Whether ‘E’ or ‘L’ should be displayed next to individual penalties.
- Press [F4] to reset all fields to their default values.
Start of leg
- Go to “Speed Chart” and press [F4] to clear any old speed chart data.
- Go to “Time Control”, press [F4] to reset data and enter your start time. ODO should be “0.00”. Press [F1] to save and go back to previous screen (in this case, back to the app main menu)
- Go to “Rally” screen and wait for marshal to give you the speed chart.
- As soon as marshal gives you the speed chart, from the “Rally” screen, press [X-SQUARE]. This takes you to “Speed Chart”. Enter as many speed sectors as you can (make sure you enter ‘end distance’ and ‘speed’ for a speed sector before moving on to the next), and press [F1] to save and go back to the previous screen (in this case, back to the “Rally” screen)
During the leg
- Stay on “Rally” screen. The only editable field in the screen is ODO. Use the number keys to type in any Odo you want, and press [EXE]. The time that appears below the Odo is the ‘target time’ for that Odo. Call out Odo and time to driver.
- There are also short cut keys to add 20m, 50m, 100m etc. to the already existing Odo. Play around with the 5th and 6th row of buttons ([X-THETA-T] to [TAN] and [A-B-BY-C] to [RIGHT-ARROW]) to figure out which button adds/subtracts what value.
Adding more speeds during the leg
- You might be in a situation where you might not have entered the entire speed chart before the start of leg. If this is the case, whenever you have time, press [X-SQUARE], go to “Speed Chart”, enter speed sectors and press [F1] to come back to “Rally” screen.
- Speeds can be entered in kmph, mm.ss or mm:ss. To enter in kmph, enter any positive value (e.g. 30, 22.77 etc.). To enter in minutes (mm.ss or mm:ss), start the entry with a – (minus). For e.g., -8 means 8 minutes, -12.5 means 12 minutes 30 seconds and -15,45 (note the comma) means 15 minutes 45 seconds.
- If you want to insert a row in “Speed Chart”, press [F2]. To delete a row, press [F3].
At a Time Control
- Press [CARET] and go to the “Time Control” screen.
- Enter TC Odo (get the value by either asking the marshal or looking at your trip meter), and check in time (HH, MM, SS on the left hand side of the screen). Restart time will be automatically calculated based on the “TC Restart Time” setting you had made in “Settings”. The Restart HH, MM, SS are also editable – in case the marshal gives you his/her own restart (by noting the time in your time card), edit these fields.
- Press [F1] to save and go back to “Rally” screen.
- Look at the top line in “Rally” screen and make sure that it shows the last TC’s odo and checkout time.
Using TSDMeter PRO with a non-rally tripmeter
- Before the start of rally, go for odo check. Enter the correction factor in the “Odometer” screen.
- Before reaching any instruction, press [OPTN] and enter odo value of that instruction in the ‘Roadbook’ field. Instead of pressing [EXE], press [F1] and go back to “Rally” screen.
- For your reference, the odo you checked is displayed next to “R”. Corresponding car odo is “C”. You should execute the roadbook instruction (at “R”) when your car reaches odo “C”.
- At the instruction, press [OPTN] and change the ‘Car’ field to whatever the car/GPS tripmeter is showing now. You don’t have to change the ‘Roadbook’ field since you had already done that. Press [F1] to save and go back to “Rally”.
- Repeat steps 2 to 4 throughout the leg. Call only car odo value and target time to driver.
End of leg
- Press [F1] from “Rally” screen to go back to app main menu. Select “Penalties” and press [EXE] to see your penalty in each TC. This feature is available only in TSDMeter BASIC PLUS and TSDMeter PRO.
Updates and upgrades
- Like our Facebook page to get automatically updated about any software changes.
- If there is a major software upgrade, we will mail it to you with instructions on how to transfer the app to the calculator.